VALUE WAGER OF THE DAY
This is a good spot to wager against the favored NY Mets and receive some excellent positive odds (currently +144) for the following reason(s):
- The D-Backs are sending southpaw Alex Young to the mound and the Mets are 15-21 versus lefties this season
- Alex Young has never faced the NY Mets previously, therefore the hitters will more than likely require some time to get a handle on how he pitches
- The Jays suffered an 8 - 2 loss when Stroman faced Arizona on June 7, 2019, pitching 5 2/3 innings giving up 6 earned runs on 7 hits including 2 home runs and 2 walks. He also had 4 strikeouts as a side note.
- These two teams have been very streak trendy when playing one another in New York whereby the Mets have won the most recent 5 of 6, with Arizona winning 5 consecutive prior to this, the Mets winning 4 consecutive prior to that, the D-Backs 4 before that, and the Mets again with 4 before that. IMO, the win pendulumn is due to swing back to Arizona beginning this evening
- The Mets are a very good home team (41-29), but the D-Backs are capable of playing decent ball on the road (39-38)
- The Mets have won 3 in a row, and Arizona has lost 4 consecutive... reversion to the mean is in play
- Arizona has a top 15 bullpen while the Mets linger around bottom 6 in the league
Good luck everyone!