Some interesting trends for this game:
- In the last 4 meetings between these two teams the Skins are 4-0 ATS
- In the 2nd half of the season in games where the opponent is giving up at least 6.0 yards per play (bad defense), Washington is on a 10-0 run ATS outscoring opponents by 10.2 points
- Mike Shanahan is 28-14 ATS after a road loss to the same opponent (revenge)
- Mike Shanahan is 22-9 ATS after a close road loss of a touchdown or less to the same opponent (revenge)
- Washington is 7-2-1 ATS in the 2011 & 2012 seasons against NFC East opponents
The Giants defense stepped up last week allowing only 10 points from Green Bay. This is a small bright spot for a below average defense that relies heavily on their pass rush. If there is one person that will give New York trouble when getting flushed out it's RG3. He really gave the Giants a headache in their first meeting rushing for 89 yards and is performing even better now.
I had 14 plays on my NFL card this week and this one barely made it so I am not overly confident in it. As expected all the consensus reports show heavy action on the Giants spread and I will be waiting until the last minute to place this wager in the hopes that I can get a good price on the +3.
It looks like I am going against the grain here in the kingdom of Pickmonitor as the Giants wagers are outpacing the Skins by more then 2 to 1 therefore I am expecting a lot of dissenting opinions. IMO The Skins have much more motivation tonight to claw their way back into the NFC East race and I look for them to win the game outright.
Edited 12/3/12 at 4:25PM by Parker - No reason listed.