Its that time of year again! March Madness commences in a mere 5 days! I was planning on attending this years tournament but sadly the virus has #%@&ed up those plans. So instead I will be spending my time between local casino and my house to enjoy one of my favorite times of the year.
With that being sad here is some trends that have been valuable when picking tournament winners.
All trends are based from 2002-2020
(1) Every champion has entered the tournament ranked in the Top 25
(2) No 11+ loss team has won in this span
(3) No team with a Strength of Schedule less than 32nd in the country has ever won
(4) No team has won with a defense ranked less than 38th in adjusted efficiency
(5) All but one team since 2002 has enetered the tournament with and adjusted off efficiency less than top 25
Taking in those trend statistics, it leaves us with 8 teams to possibly win the tournament.
Michigan State +2000
Seton Hall +2500
Ohio State +3000
Wishing everyone good luck in their tournament bets!
WagerWire awarded 419 tokens for this post.