I have always enjoyed the NFL Survivor Contests and have run a couple myself. The problem is that the contest usually ends well before the NFL season does, so I came up with a contest on my blog eight years ago that keeps everyone involved through the Super Bowl. The contest has been well received on my blog, so I thought I would duplicate it on PickMonitor so we could all have some fun.
First place is a tee shirt or sweatshirt with the logo of your favorite NFL team emblazoned on the front. And, of course, bragging rights! What's the worst that could happen?
Here's your chance to be a champion! Are you the one to assume the throne?
Here's your chance.
All handicappers are welcome to join in the fun!
Here are the rules;
1) You pick the winner of one NFL game each week. Must be a Sunday or Monday game (no Thursday or Saturday games).
2) If your pick wins, you receive 10 points.
3) You will receive additional points based on margin of victory. One point for each point your team wins by. For example, if you pick the Steelers to win this week and they are victors by a score of 29-17, you would receive 22 points for the week, 10 for the win and 12 for the margin of victory (29 minus 17 = 12).
4) If your pick loses, you receive 0 points for picking the winner and points will be deducted based on margin of loss. For example, if you picked the Raiders and they lost by a score of 30-14, you would have 16 points deducted from your point total (30 minus 14 = 16).
5) The person with the most points at the conclusion of the Super Bowl will be declared the winner and will receive a free shirt. If there is a tie, then all players who are tied for first will receive a shirt.
Sign up today by commenting below with your pick for Week 2.
Thursday and Saturday games are not eligible for this contest (too hard for me to keep up with), but that still leaves the majority of each week's schedule (Sunday and Monday) from which to choose.
I will post standings each week through the Super Bowl.
Sign up today and let's have some fun!
Timothy Wynn awarded 230 tokens for this post.