Let's just rip the Band-Aid off and be real about it. While this may not be a popular topic and I may catch some flak I want to be straightforward since that aligns with our values here as a community.
Price changes are coming that will bring us up-to-date with current market conditions of other "similar" (I use that term loosely) sports handicapping products and services. I'm going to go ahead and break it down for you as I feel it is important that you see that we are dedicated to making improvements.
- Our current pricing model while inexpenses could also be considered punitive to our business handicappers. How can a business memeber sell a monthly package for $99 if we're offering $99/month for thousands of active handicappers? Some non-business member have GREAT results but don't want to sell. I recognize this creates unfair competition at times or our business members.
- Our prices are just not in line with similar services where a monthly subscription for similar services will cost between $350-$500/month.
- There's no margin for marketing or affiliates! No marketing or affiliates means that Pick Monitor can't scale.
- Prices were set by the previous owner, Patrick in 2010 and were left unchanged in almost a decade!
- It's currently impossible to buy single picks or a simple daily pass.
What are the new prices?
Prices only changed for subscribers to picks. Business members will remain unchanged for the time being. Good news if you're selling picks! I will also be addressing the business members pricing model to make it more affordable and potentially incorporate profit sharing for handicappers starting in the business.
The All Access pass will change from a flat 99$/month to access all non-business members picks to 5 different packages.
- Daily - 49$
- Weekly - 99$
- Monthly - 349$
- 6 Months - 999$
- 1 Year - 1499$
At the end of the day, if you commit to a full year of Pick Monitor, you're only paying 25% more which is not that bad considering the prices have not changed in almost a decade.
I never liked the name, so I changed it (just cuz I can 😎) to Premium. The prices will change from 49$/month for 10 picks per day into 2 packages
The number of picks per day will also drop to 5
Single Users Package
It will now be possible for you to buy single picks and/or packages from non-business members. Prices are:
- $10 per pick
- $20 for 24 hours
- $50 for 1 week
- $100 for 1 month
- $200 for 3 months
- $300 for 6 months
It will also be possible to purchase each of these picks/packages using our new token system (1$ = 100 tokens).
When will the changes be effective?
The new prices are currently in place. With that in mind, you have until the end of the month (August 30 - 2019) to lock in your subscription. Simply visit the Pricing Page and select the monthly option.
What happens if I have an active subscription?
Nothing, as long as your subscription is active you won't get charged an extra dime. However, upon cancellation you will not be able to access the old pricing structure.
❓Questions ❓ 💡Suggestion 💡 🧂 You Mad 🧂
I can take it all as long as it's respectful so please comment below!